Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread House Contest!

Hello all,
So, we are snowed in and trying to make the best of it. We had a gingerbread house making contest (okay, the houses are made of grahmn crackers, but it is pretty close). It is up to YOU to vote for who's is the 'best'. We need your judgement!! Take a look at the pictures and let us know what you think. :0) Before the contest Bill, Ben and Zac (who bailed early) set out to fix their snow cave. It caved in a couple times, but they were able to complete it to their satisfaction. It is pretty cold here, about 6 degrees, so they didn't stay out too long, but had fun in the making!
Oh, yea, and Copper sure looks humiliated, doesn't he? Ah, the things we do to keep busy on a snowed in day!!

8 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Holy Snow!! That's just crazy!! I'm sure the boys are having a blast.
The Gingerbread house's look great! But I can't cast my vote, it's too darn hard to choose!

mandy said...

Ok we voted! Jackson likes the one with the bunny door. Joseph likes the one with the bell tower (top right) Joe likes the one in the middle on the top row (appears to say Zac on the plate). I like the one with the cute snowman! Bottom left. Jackson also originally voted for that one. I think the bunny won him over though.

mandy said...

by the way.. Love the snow cave and the doggie picture!

mandy said...

Joe didn't have a chance to look at all of them before I posted my last message! He likes the bottom one on the right also. That was his second choice. :)

Laura Lou said...

You guys rock! Thanks!!

Kelly Vowles said...

Yea, you have a blog! Hope you don't mind if we frequent it often to keep up on your family.
Our vote for the ginger bread house.... I thought the flag pole house was pretty cool (Sam).
Poor Copper, what a good sport.
Check us out at vowlesteam.blogspot.com
Love you guys!

The Leeks said...

Heather was here....

Ha ha ha ....

We have been snowed in for a week. You'd think it was the end of the world with the way the new stations covered it!!! Crazy. It's snow people.

I hope your holiday was faboo...

Chy said...

The vote is in....ok I vote for the one with 2 Christmas trees by the front door and Cooper votes for the one "with all the candy!" Looks like you guys have a blast;) Hope you had a great Christmas!