Friday, February 27, 2009

So, Denise catches me at the bank . . .

. . . . and says "so why haven't you written any of this on your browntown site"? "What"?, you ask? . . . . . Well, here it is . . .I am now working at the bank (and I used that term very loosely as I'm pretty much just standing around looking stupid). As we only have one bank here in the Booniesburg (AmericanWest Bank) I shall from here-on-out refer to it as "the bank". I started there on Wednesday and will be hit and miss training over the next two weeks. I start permanently on the 16th. I have turned in my notice at the elementary school and my last day will be the 12th. The hours at the bank will work better with the kids' school schedule and I will get to be "mom" after school hours, and not "Mrs. Brown". I'm very excited to spend more time with my kids and focus on them now. I feel I have neglected them over the last few years. They were with me at the after school program, but I couldn't focus specifically on them. I will get a chance to do that now. Time goes by just too quickly and they still kind of want to spend time with me. Only too soon will they be too old for that, so I have to grab this time when I can.

So, as it so often seems to happen with my life, I have transitioned. I have now moved from the "education" industry to the "banking" industry. Who woulda' thought? Funnily enough, it is a lot like the "hotel" industry of which I'm accustomed. I'm very excited to be there but oh, so, nervous. There are so many laws and so many rules and so many procedures and so many functions, that I'm concerned I'll never learn it all. But, they are being very supportive with training and I'm pleased about that. It is quite overwhelming, but I am enjoying it. So, keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm able to swim and not sink in this new endeavour. ;0)

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Hey congrats on the new job!! :) I'm sure you will do great, you always do with everything that you do..
Man that was alot of do's.

:)Rachel

maybe you do need a Pressed peony from my etsy store. Now that your going all professional on us. ;) You come to visit and I'll make you 2 on the house! And you can pick the fabric! Sound like a deal?

mandy said...

Congratulations laura! I'm so excited for you. Sounds like a great thing for you and your family!