Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sports firsts, Sickie Ickies & Pumpkin Guts . . . (oh, my!)

I realize I have been very absent on my blog lately. The boys were sick for a time so I wasn't able to blog much. But, have no fear, I'm back to blogging. . . . for now anyway. Ben just completed his first year of "official" school sports. He was on the JR high team. It is like these boys that I have known since 1st grade have sprung up over night and now they are all (mostly) taller than me. Crazy, weird. Yes, it is true, Ben has officially passed his mom in the height department. Luckily I still have him out ranked on the width department. :o) The team had a good season with 6 wins and 2 losses and boy, oh, boy, they will be one to watch in the high school level. Fun, fun!


Zac had his first year in soccer. The kid has a knack for it. They put him in each position but his favorites are goalie and defender. His team had a winning-impaired season but they had a fun time. It was a long season and his last game was yesterday. He was sorry to see it end because he loves playing. He had a great time being part of the team!

The boys all had the sickie ickies for a time, but they are up and running around healthy again. Thank goodness. Here are some pictures of the poor little dearies. They weren't too impressed with me taking sickly photos so I didn't get one of Ben. Zac is a ham-bone in any scenario though, so he's happy to pose while getting his nebulizer treatment. Poor Sam just slept and slept and I haven't seen Ben as sick as this in a long while. We all got our flu shots last week, so I'm hoping that between that, and this previous crud they got we are through our sickies for the season. . . .ya think?

1 comment:

Chy said...

Man it seem like the whole town of Dayton and Waitsberg got sick! Yucky stuff! Your boys really are growing by the day;0)