Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Nights

Summer nights are the best! We have been enjoying our patio and spending time outside late in to the evening. We have been eating outside, making s'mores, going to the water park (meeting Donna and Brent there to drop off Derek and to play), heading to the creek, and even just sitting outside hanging out. Tonight Bill was teaching the boys some new stick fight techniques with sunflower stalks. Then the boys and I sat outside and popped the seeds out of the sunflower heads. Truly enjoyable times. All too soon, school will start. Make no mistake, I am sooouuuper happy school will start and we will be back in to our routine, but I really am enjoying these last few late summer nights we have.


1 comment:

Kelly Vowles said...

You just can't beat summer time! Thank goodness it comes every year...

So far my kids are still happy to be going, although Ethan proclaims everyday that 6th grade is the worst. If only he knew what awaits :-)